Sunday, July 13, 2014

Some Weeks, You Just Have to LAUGH!

   We're quite exhausted here! Going to bed at 12 or later after pageant and then waking up at like 5:30 or 6 for showers is NOT super fun. We're all sick, passing out, having breakdowns and SMILING AND LAUGHING BECAUSE WE ARE IN THE CITY OF NAUVOO!!!! WE'RE THE LORD'S MISSIONARIES AND BY GOLLY WE ARE SO LUCKY TO BE HERE!!!

(Mom note: Their director has asked that family and friends send them letters of encouragement this week. It's been a hard week. They have added the Nauvoo and British pageants this week so that adds 6 more shows a week to their already very busy schedule! I would appreciate it if everyone would send her a quick letter with their favorite uplifting thought or scripture this week! Let's fill her mailbox again!)

                              At this point, I should probably mention that I'm mildly delirious...
       But despite it all, it has been a great week of joy! I LOVE the Nauvoo and British Pageants. I love the people and I especially love the children. One in particular is named Boyd Packer Robinson and he is just a doll! He's seven and such a goofball. He told me I was his girlfriend and I told him I couldn't be his girlfriend because I was on a mission. He looked at me for a really long minute and then asked if I would be his SISTER-friend. So I said yes. How could I not?


         I had an exhausted giggle-fit in Relief Society today. Nothing caused it, but all of a sudden, life was hilarious. And then I was laughing more because I didn't know why I was laughing. It was great. And Sister Meyers was just looking at me going "breathe. Sister Hallett. Breathe. Are you crying? Breathe!"

I have bugbites that look like chicken pox all over my legs its great.

 (Mom note: I took this picture after getting after her about wearing socks and more insect repellant!)

          The laughter wasn't helped by a sweet sister in church today-- We have a live ASL translation of the meetings and in SM today, this one sister who is known for being talkative starts trying to talk to a man sitting in the ASL section. No matter how many times he signed "I'm deaf. I don't understand you." She just kept talking and talking. He finally gave up and nodded politely. Sister Munroe, Sister Allred and I all died.

Guys. Life is awesome. Even when it isn't, you sometimes have to make your own sunshine, but try to be grateful for what you have. We live in an amazing age of light and restoration.
I love this gospel. I love Nauvoo. And I love all of you.
(Yes, I will be home in less than a month. Shhh...)
Love,
Sister Hallett

(Mom note: We got to spend last week in Nauvoo so we were able to watch Sister Hallett at work! And WORK she does! She is always busy, running from one place to another. On top of the theater tech work that she and Sister Starrs do (on several shows a day), they also do tours at some of the historic sites. They never rest! Included are some pictures we took while there.)














2 comments:

  1. So Amber I don't know if you will see this but we are doing one better than a letter this week. We are sending you our home teachers. They said they were looking for you yesterday though you were from Gilbert. We got them corrected and gave them your name. Bro Lunt (Jay) is a techie kind of guy, so enough said there. Sis Lunt (Jana) is our RS President. So I hope they hook up with you for a hello and a possible photo op.

    Can't wait to be there, I just paid for my ticket yesterday. So I think it is official I am going to Nauvoo. I told my friends Russ and Karen Gilliland the former mission president at Nauvoo and I am to tell there everyone's hello. don't let me forget. Well just wanted to drop you a quickie Love your Gutz - Auntie Bo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you my dear...Let us all press on in the work of the Lord

    ReplyDelete