Sunday, July 13, 2014

It's so cold!

And I love it!!!
Well... Comparitively.
When we first got here, we had a day that was 69* and 57% humidity. And we were dying. Sweat dripping off us, unable to dance with any sort of happiness.
Well. This week we had a day that was 64* and 60% humidity. And I cannot tell you how many times I took my jacket off to give to one of the Stage YPM girls. It was SO COLD! (said they, I thought it was nice until we had a Nauvoo Hurricane later that night.)

Met an awesome girl named Allison on Friday. Usually on the days that I feel that someone needs our message, I look for the downtrodden looking and the teenagers that would rather be doing hard labor than being in Nauvoo. But this girl was so welcoming and sweet and the more I talked with her, the more I felt like she was the one I was supposed to be with that evening. I shared some scriptures with her and told her that college was not as scary as it sounds. :) Good times. :)

MY FAMILY IS IN NAUVOO!! Sister Starrs and I had just sat down on an empty row when I look up and think-- "that girl is wearing a dress just like mine.... WAIT A MINUTE! That IS my dress! EMMA!!!" So we walked over to them and I said "Hi, we're representatives of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints--" I didn't get to finish, because my mom had grabbed me and hugged me at that point. It's been good to see them. :) (Hi ma!!!)



Anyways, I love Nauvoo. I love this gospel. People need your kindness in this world, never be afraid to give it.

All my love,
Sister Hallett


(Mom note: This is last weeks email. Sorry it is late- Cell service in Nauvoo is spotty and slow so trying to upload her letter from my phone wasn't really an option.)


No comments:

Post a Comment